Monday, December 28, 2009

Why are we subjected to have to smell people's perfume?

I hate having to smell other's perfume... some stink and people seem to bathe in it. It's like an invasion of our breathing space... We have to share the air... why are some people so self centered and figure that the whole world should be smellling them a mile away?Why are we subjected to have to smell people's perfume?
You could politely inform the individual that they're wearing too much, or slightly cough or gag when they approach and move away. (That should give them the hint.)


Personally I'm allergic to perfume too, so it bothers me as well.Why are we subjected to have to smell people's perfume?
I must say that it sometimes is unbearable to deal with, but I know why some people do it. Alot of people spray until they smell it on themselves. If they can't smell it they keep spraying. Not knowing that the next person can smell it just fine. So that would explain some cases. Now other cases could be they want the smell to last all day. So they spray for longevity. Not realzing that when it wears off so soon, its probably cheap and is not meant to last.





But in any case, we can't really do anything about it because it is their right to spray what they want on their bodies. I guess in alot of cases we just have to hold a breathe for as long as possible while we get out of the presence of that person
I totally agree with you...And it gives me hayfever!
Wow, you hit a nerve with me. I actually get headaches and an upset stomach from others perfumes. I have done some research on perfumes and it is scarry. Even the best perfumes use highly toxic ingredients. Perfume makers can not keep up with demands, so they resort to artificial ingredients. I have seen in some states, they have passed laws that perfumes and colognes are banned in public places just like smoking. I wish Illinois would get with the program. My aunt had a disease where everytime she smelled perfume, cologne, hairspray or even deodorant, she could not breath. She had to be rushed to the hospital on several occasions for this problem. For some people, wearing heavy colognes or perfumes is like getting a bag tied around their head. Some people can no longer leave their homes because of it.
The whole point of perfume is that others would smell it. Since you can't smell yourself, they may not realize they have on too much.
I kinda see your point, at least the point of some people smelling like they poured a whole bottle on. But I think the right scent, and the right amount, can be quite pleasant. I get compliments all the time about how I smell. The key to wearing perfume is finding the right one for your own unique body chemistry. Many women wear things that just simply don't smell good on them. For instance, I have a friend that wears Shalimar, smells heavenly on her, but on me, it STINKS.
I agree to some degree, but the same and more can be said about smokers. I certainly don't enjoy second-hand cigarette smoke being blown in my direction.


Ultimately, though, if perfume is the one thing that bothers you so much you had to come here and complain about it, life can't be treating you too badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment