Monday, December 28, 2009

Did anyone buy a new perfume for their wedding? If so, what seemed appropriate and what brand?

I'd like to get a new scent that's clean and not too heavy. Sometimes I smell scents on other people but I'm not sure if I can handle it all day. I get ill by too much perfume. Any suggestions??Did anyone buy a new perfume for their wedding? If so, what seemed appropriate and what brand?
i bought Chanel Chance for my wedding; it's light, fruity and sweet. be sure not to use whatever you choose before the wedding - that way whenever you smell it, you'll be reminded of your wedding day. :o)Did anyone buy a new perfume for their wedding? If so, what seemed appropriate and what brand?
I would go with a body spray, rather then a perfume.





Body sprays are light and can be re-applied without ';over doing it';





I get headaches from perfume, so I'm probably not going to wear anything. If I do, it's be a little body spray.
'chance' by chanel





its very nice!!
I really like romance by Ralph Lauren.
I lik Red Door by Elizabeth Arden





Just a note: Perfume leaves spots, be sure to put your fragrance on before you put your dress on. Dont spray yourself with your dress on.
Perfume doesn't like me either :-) It makes me sneeze like mad, and I have a horrible, squeaky, really high-pitched ';choo!'; No way am I going to risk an inadvertent mouse imitiation on my wedding day.





What I like are organic, herbal bodywashes and lotions. If you have a Whole Foods or other health-food store nearby, look at the Shikai brand body-washes and lotions. All their scents are really nice and light. My favorite is the Sandalwood, but the lavender, cucumber-melon, and vanilla are nice too. Also, bath and body works carries some body cremes that have nice light scents.
Just go to a department store's cosmetic section and start sniffing! Don't try too many at once, though. I think your nose gives up after about five. But keep trying three or four scents a visit until you find one that you like. Buy a small amount of it and wear it for a few days. You're right to be careful about one that's too heavy or sweet. You most definitely don't want a cloying scent. Personally, I like Givenchy's Ysatis--it's light and sophisticated. But find one that you like.
Please take some well honed advice here. Do not use a new perfume for your wedding day. In fact from personal experience, dont use any that day.


Here is why:


Perfumes are based on chemsitry.


On a good day, your body will accept your perfume. However on days when you are stressed out - like a wedding day -perfume has a nasty habit of reacting to the chemistry and the acids in your body and it can turn on you in a minute.


Getting a new perfume might sound like a romantic thing to do, but if your chemistry is wrong that day it can end up smelling like flyspray.


Take some advice here and dont wear any.. If you want to smell pretty get a nice light body lotion from bath and body works. But the advice here is dont wear any.
Go to Sephora and let the staff help you pick something. When I perfume shop, if I like a fragrance, I try it on, then see how I feel about it throughout the day, because, as you know, the same perfume can smell different on different people because of body chemistry. So if that certain scent suits you, then go back and buy it!





I personally like Stella by Stella McCartney. It's light and smells like roses.
We can all give you suggestions, but the best thing to do is visit a department store's fragrance counter and explain what you are looking for (clean scent, etc). When you go, do not have on any other perfume. Try one scent on one arm, and another on the other arm (wrists). Give it a few minutes for the scents to dissipate (maybe 15 min.). Try a couple scents every few days.


Beware of stores that use fragrance clerks that push a certain brand. Tell them that you want to try a wide variety.





I am not going to say that you will definitely like scents x, y, and/ or z because your PH balance is different from my own.


Best Wishes!
Try Hypnotic Poison by Christian Dior (and no its not as expensive as it sounds) Its a great scent I get a lot of compliments on it.
Beautiful or Beautiful Love--both are by Estee Lauder and smell really nice. :)
Someone else had suggested Hypnotic Poison, and I get lots of compliments on that one too. Another great choice, which is light, is Pure Poison - same type bottle, but white. Lovely, and i think thats what i am going to wear.
Vera Wang-Princess





or





Givenchy Very Irresistible
I currenlty wear Armani Mania. I have a lot of trouble with heavy perfumes, and this one is nice and light.





Here's the description:


When you want to capture a room, wear Mania by Giorgio Armani. This fragrance for women is a woody, oriental scent that captures the spirit of sophistication of the modern woman. Top notes play with laurel, mandarin, pink spice, lily of the valley, peony, cedar, amber incense and musk.
I really like the Clinique perfumes. Happy, Happy Heart. You should go try a couple perfumes on at the department store. Every perfume can smell different on every person. Tell the sales person what you are looking for and they can point a couple out to you. :)
  • phone
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment